Used Book Sale
We are excited to bring back the Used Book Sale — so start sorting through your bookshelves for donations, as well as to make room for new books you find at our book sales this year!
Book Sale Events
- Middle School Mini Used Book Sale: Oct. 13, 2021
- Preschool Mini Used Book Sale: Dec. 2, 2021
- Schoolwide Used Book Sale and Bake Sale: April 28–30, 2022
We are accepting all book donations but have a particular need for those meant for pre-kindergarten to 12th-grade readers.
- Board books
- Picture books
- Chapter books
Students should get parental permission from parents BEFORE donating textbooks, so please let your students know if you’re comfortable with them donating their textbooks to Parents Association!
Book Bin Locations
- Outside the main entrance under covered space
- Outside the Brumley Auditorium main entrance under covered space
- In the covered area near the building on the Academy Road side, near the flagpole
- Outside the entrance near Kenan Auditorium
We Need Boxes!
Do you shop at Costco or Sam’s Club? We are in need of boxes for sorting our books. We use the sturdy fruit and vegetable boxes as pictured below. If you are able to collect some boxes for us on your next visit, please email email@example.com to arrange for pickup. Thank you!
The Used Book Sale Committee is grateful for parent volunteers. Please contact us via email to sign up!
Used Book Sale Sorts
If you’re looking for an enjoyable way to meet other DA parents and guardians, please join us at one of our upcoming Used Book Sorts. These events are held from 8:15–10:15 a.m.; drop in for just a few minutes, or stay for the entire two hours!
Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2021
- Thursday, Oct. 21, 2021
- Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2021
- Tuesday, Dec. 14, 2021
- Wednesday, Jan. 19, 2022
- Thursday, Feb. 17, 2022
- Wednesday, March 23, 2022
Book sorts will be held in our new location, the DA book inventory building adjacent to the Middle School at 3506 University Drive (see image below).