Meet Our Team
The Durham Academy students, alumni and faculty who make up the DA Summer team are the secret to making Summer 2021 the most happy, moral and productive one yet. At Durham Academy Summer, everyone has a place and is welcome, included and celebrated for being their unique self.
We are so grateful to the DA Summer team, who worked with such care and teamwork to facilitate in-person instruction and interaction in Summer 2020 — and we had no reported COVID-19 transmission (learn about our DA Summer COVID-19 protocols on our FAQs page, and about DA's efforts at www.da.org/cavsconnected). With our returning team members, we are excited to use the skills honed through that experience to make Summer 2021 as fun and safe as possible.
We hope you will reach out with any questions and attend a fireside virtual chat to get to know us better!
- Camp Evergreen Coordinator: Costen Irons
- Camp Evergreen Operations and Camper Experience: Talbot Waters
- Camp Evergreen Wellness: Kennedy Yon
- Camp Evergreen Community Engagement: Elijah Nambo
- Camp Evergreen Outdoor Education: Lucy Steiner
- Camp Evergreen STEM and Learning: Mary-Katherine Bryant
- Camp Evergreen Sports and Athletics: Anna Catherine Wilson
- Camp Evergreen Arts and Entertainment: Glenn Green
- Camp Evergreen Tennis: Alex Bayer
You can email us or reach us via phone at 919-489-3400, and press option 8.
- DA Summer Registration Opens: Dec. 14
- Fireside Chats: A time to connect from the comforts of home — meet with the DA Summer team and learn about the exciting changes to camp. Feel free to ask any questions or simply connect with other camp families.
- Financial Aid Application Due: March 15
- Financial Aid Notification: April 15