Meet Our Team
The Durham Academy students, alumni and faculty who make up the DA Summer team are the secret to making Summer 2022 the most happy, moral and productive one yet. At Durham Academy Summer, everyone has a place and is welcome, included and celebrated for being their unique self.
We are so grateful to the DA Summer team, who worked with such care and teamwork to facilitate in-person instruction and interaction in 2020 and 2021 — and we had no reported COVID-19 transmission (learn about our DA Summer COVID-19 protocols on our FAQs page). With our returning team members, we are excited to use the skills honed through that experience to make Summer 2022 as fun and safe as possible.
Please reach out with any questions!
- Camp Evergreen Academic Lead: Elizabeth Parry
- Camp Evergreen Academic Lead: Julia Clark
- Camp Evergreen Art and Yoga Lead: Sarah King
- Camp Evergreen Lead Instructor: Amalie Keefe
- Arts and Mixed Media Instructor: Elizabeth McLeod
- Guitar and Ukulele Music Lead: Vlad Kary
- Summit Academic Lead, Chinese: Bonnie Wang
- Summit Lead Instructor, Biking and Nature Explorers: Lucy Steiner
- Summer Institute and Summit Lead Instructor, Biking, Flag Football and Academic Writing: Glenn Kantz
- Summer Institute Lead Instructor, Pop Star Performers: Ellen Brown
- Summit Lead Instructor, Extreme Sports, Sprout Sports: Costen Irons
- Summer Institute Lead Instructor, Swimming and Rock Climbing: Andy Pronto
- Summit and Summer Institute Academic Instructor: Howard Lineberger
- Summit and Summer Institute Coach, Basketball: Jamie Spatola
- Summit and Summer Institute Coach, Basketball: Chris Spatola
- Summer Institute and Night Camp Coach, Coed Soccer: Mollie Pathman
- Summer Institute and Summit Lead Instructor, Sewing and Custom Capsule Wardrobe: Ginny Robinson
- Summer Institute Lead Instructor, Astrophysics: Reilly Milburn