Financial Aid & Scholarships
We believe an amazing summer camp experience should be available to everyone, and we at Durham Academy Summer Programs has made it a priority to expand our financial aid and scholarship program in recent years. In 2017, we welcomed more than 40 campers who received full scholarship funding for the entire season, and in 2018, nearly 60 campers received full scholarships. In addition, many other campers qualified for discounted tuition.
Aid packages are made possible through a pooling of camp instructor-funded donations, waived camp fees, deferred payment and donations from parents and community members. We maintain a budget based on these contributions that will provide greater even access to our camps for years to come!
Our goal is to identify and assist children in our community who will be successful at our camps but lack the financial capacity to attend. By expanding the reach of our programming and encouraging greater participation from students in our community, we increase the quality and impact of our camps in Durham and beyond.
Some students who are referred through local nonprofits with whom we have partnered — such as the East Durham Children's Initiative, the Scott-Free Scholarship Foundation, StrongHER TogetHER and Durham Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta, Inc. along with the Durham Chapter of the Links — receive full camp scholarships, giving students access to a wide range of enriching camp experiences at absolutely no cost.
In addition, we are partnering with Durham Public Schools to provide these same camp opportunities for children with housing insecurity.
- Interested in seeking discounted tuition?
- Need a little more time to pay your camp fees?
- Want to support our scholarship program?
Families may apply for discounted camp tuition — $75 off enrichment/athletic camps or $150 off academic camps — in one of two ways:
- Submit a letter showing a student's participation in the free and reduced lunch program through a public school system. Email this document to firstname.lastname@example.org, to we will be in touch to go over the aid package with you.
- Apply through TADS.com. Visit TADS.com and select "Durham Academy Summer Programs" as the program for which you are seeking aid. If you already have a TADS account for this year, there is no cost to add us. If you are new to TADS, there is a $34 processing fee, which we will deduct from your first camp if you do not qualify for aid.
Aid applications must be completed by May 25 in order to be considered.
If you would like your child to attend our camps but paying for them all at once is prohibitive, please email email@example.com to request a deferred payment plan. Full payment for at least one camp per child is required plus a $20 deposit for each additional camp. Subsequent payments can be made anytime by logging into your account; the full amount owed must be paid before camp begins.