Durham Academy aims to prepare children for a mission-driven life in which they engage in their community as happy, moral and productive citizens throughout the school year. At DA Summer, we work to continue that work throughout the summer — a time when we can also welcome children from all over our community to join in the fun and learning!
DA Summer at a Glance
- Open to the public
- Virtual camps for Weeks 1 and 2 (June 8–19); on-campus camps for Weeks 3–8 (June 22–July 31)
- Social distancing, group size limitations and sanitation practices in place.
- Ages pre-k through 12 (by June 8, 2020)
- New offerings for grades 5–12
- New partnerships with Barriskill Dance and Bouncing Bulldogs
Week 8 All-Day Camp for Ages 4-6, 7-9 and 10-13
A week filled with fun, sun, friends and lots of play with fellow campers! A sure way to end your child’s summer 2020 with social/emotional learning, special memories and lots of laughs! Each day will feature four signature activities:
- Art - themed painting, jewelry and animal mask-making, lava lamps, glitter wands, tie dye, chalk designs, pottery, sewing and crafts.
- STEM/STEAM - science experiments, astronomy, botany, chemistry, engineering, creative writing and art history.
- Teamwork and Problem-Solving - scavenger hunts, brain games, compass and map quests.
- Sports and Outdoor Fun - relays, red light/green light, nature walks, dance and choreography, charades, tennis, outdoor yoga and soccer.
All supplies are included, blending the best of old-school camp and modern skill-building!
Week 1: June 8–12 (online only)
Week 2: June 15–19 (online only)
Week 3: June 22–26 (in-person only)
Week 4: June 29 – July 2 (in-person only)
Week 5: July 6–10 (in-person only)
Week 6: July 13–17 (in-person only)
Week 7: July 20–24 (in-person only)
Week 8: July 27–31 (in-person only)