middle school counseling
Our mission as Durham Academy Counselors is to support students and their families within the school community academically, socially and emotionally.
The counseling support we offer takes many forms:
- Lending an understanding ear to students
- Enhancing communication between the student, family, and school
- Referring students and/or parents to other respected community health care professionals.
- Educating students, parents, and teachers about matters of concern to child and adolescent development.
- Durham Academy’s counselors are professionally trained, committed individuals who serve as advocates for all our students’ academic and personal success.
Our counselors specialize in dealing with different types of student social and development issues specific to each age group. As part of our Health and Wellness programming, DA hosts presentations and parent coffees to provide tips throughout the year on everything from stress and anxiety to depression and drug abuse to teen sexuality and social media safety.
Each of our counselors can be a valuable communication link and facilitator among students, teachers, and parents. We welcome any opportunity to serve the Durham Academy community.
Middle School Counseling Staff