Welcome to Heads Up, a blogging experiment that aims to:
- connect the people, parts, and principles of Durham Academy;
- share ideas about learning and human development;
- spotlight a few of the many wondrous things I get to see every day at Durham Academy.
Thanks for reading the posts below — and sending news, links and ideas worth sharing.
Michael Ulku-Steiner, Head of School
Three cups of gratitude
On a recent Friday night, our Spring Alumni Reception capped an emotional day of multigenerational DA connections.
Yesterday the DA Alumni Facebook page posted three excerpts from the comments of our honorees:
- Kimberly Bullock Ionescu on her nervousness at facing high schoolers, then and now.
- Sheppy Vann on the "bundles of potential" who walk through the kindergarten door every day.
- Chris Rosati on the lasting "friendship, love, and peace" given to him by his DA classmates.
What luck I feel to work, learn, and live in a community that generates so many reasons for gratitude and so many people willing to express it.
Choose groups to clone to: