Parents Association & Parents Council
The Durham Academy Parents Association supports the school's academic, social, fine arts and athletic objectives. Parents Association encourages volunteerism, raises and disperses funds, promotes communication and cooperation, and provides input to the school on issues of concern and interest to parents. All Durham Academy parents are members of the Parents Association.
The Durham Academy Parents Council is the governing board of the Parents Association. This group comprises members of an executive committee; division representatives; members of schoolwide committees on matters such as diversity, wellness and athletics; and parents who organize both community-building and fundraising events. See a list of the parents who serve on Parents Council.
Parents Bulletin Board
The Durham Academy speech and debate team was named overall champion of the Cary High School speech and debate tournament on Saturday. Contributing to the team's success were 25 individual recognitions, which are listed below.
- Alex Hoffman - Extemporaneous Speaking - 3rd
- Carlton zum Brunnen- Extemporaneous Speaking - 4th
- Dylan Jones - Extemporaneous Speaking - 5th
- Emily Kohn - Humorous Interpretation - 1st
- Emily Kohn - Informative Speaking - 2nd
- Leo Morris - Novice Extemporaneous Speaking - 1st
- Jack Debree - Novice Extemporaneous Speaking - 2nd
- Bennett Dombcik & Emily Norry - Novice Public Forum - 2nd
- McKinley Windram & Molly McLaughlin - Novice Public Forum - 3rd
- Daniel Park & Felix Liu - Novice Public Forum - 5th
- Ameya Bellamkonda & Izzie Pierson - Novice Public Forum - 7th
- Annie Ma - Original Oratory - 5th
- Madeline Genova - Original Oratory - 6th
- Madeline Genova - Original Oratory - Best Novice
- Bhamini Vellanki - Congressional Debate - 1st
- Osezele Okoruwa - Congressional Debate - 1st
- Emily Donaldson - Congressional Debate - 3rd
- Adriana Kim & Hebron Daniel - Public Forum - 2nd
- Thomas Owens & Andrew Owens - Public Forum - 3rd