Parents Association & Parents Council
The Durham Academy Parents Association supports the school's academic, social, fine arts and athletic objectives. Parents Association encourages volunteerism, raises and disperses funds, promotes communication and cooperation, and provides input to the school on issues of concern and interest to parents. All Durham Academy parents are members of the Parents Association.
The Durham Academy Parents Council is the governing board of the Parents Association. This group comprises members of an executive committee; division representatives; members of schoolwide committees on matters such as diversity, wellness and athletics; and parents who organize both community-building and fundraising events. See a list of the parents who serve on Parents Council.
Parents Bulletin Board
We're delighted to introduce a brand-new Dine for DA offering this spring thanks to a partnership with Durham Catering! Through Durham Catering's Kitchen Table Dinners service, your family can enjoy scratch-made, locally sourced meals from the comfort of your own home. The meals are provided to you (either picked up or delivered for an extra fee) fully cooked; you just place in your fridge or freezer, and then heat and eat at your convenience. And best of all, 20% of the purchase price of orders placed in the month of May will come back to Durham Academy!
Dine for DA Kitchen Table Dinners would make a sweet Mother's Day gift or thoughtful teacher appreciation gift from a class — and an easy, delicious meal for visitors coming into town for graduation!
The entire month of May. Each week's order consists of three meals, with the weeks benefiting Durham Academy being the following:
- Week of May 6
- Week of May 13
- Week of May 20
- Week of May 27
What's on the Menu
Weekly menus for the month of May will be posted online 4–5 days prior to the start of the month. So check for details soon! But you can get a taste of the quality of food that is typically offered by browsing the April menus (including offerings like grilled salmon fillets with lemon dill crème fraîche, tomato balsamic braised short ribs with gremolata, herbed pappardelle noodles, and matcha minta chocolate cheesecake).
How To Participate
- Browse menus on the Durham Catering site beginning 4–5 days prior to the start of the month.
- Use the form at the bottom of the page to submit your order. You can place an order for as many weeks as you'd like at the start of the month, or place orders week by week.
- Select whether you'd like to pick up your meals yourself (at 3710 Shannon Road on Mondays from 3–6 p.m.) or have them delivered for a fee of $30 per delivery.
- Select your preferred number of entree servings — 2 for $99 or 4 for $199 — and select any add-ons, like chicken tenders or sliced grilled chicken for any picky eaters in your family.
- Note that you're with Durham Academy in the comments section of the order form, and add your payment information.
Benefit to Durham Academy
Durham Catering is donating 20% of the purchase price of each order to Durham Academy. To ensure your order benefits the school, be sure to note that you're with Durham Academy in the comments section of the online order form.