Parents Association & Parents Council
The Durham Academy Parents Association supports the school's academic, social, fine arts and athletic objectives. Parents Association encourages volunteerism, raises and disperses funds, promotes communication and cooperation, and provides input to the school on issues of concern and interest to parents. All Durham Academy parents are members of the Parents Association.
The Durham Academy Parents Council is the governing board of the Parents Association. This group comprises members of an executive committee; division representatives; members of schoolwide committees on matters such as diversity, wellness and athletics; and parents who organize both community-building and fundraising events. See a list of the parents who serve on Parents Council.
Parents Bulletin Board
The Durham Academy Parents Council invites ALL parent volunteers to join us for a Volunteer Appreciation Coffee and General Membership meeting on Thursday, April 18. The gathering is scheduled for 8:15 a.m. in Brumley Performing Arts Building at the Lower School.
All of those who have volunteered this year in ANY capacity — driving on field trips, planning a party, serving hot lunches, reading in classrooms or working on any Parents Association events — we want to see you there! Come grab a cup of coffee and some breakfast snacks after drop-off, listen to a special musical performance by our Lower Schoolers and vote to approve our 2019-2020 slate of Parents Council officers.
The 2019–2020 slate of new officers includes the following:
- President-Elect: Fiona Lundblad
- Secretary: Selena Keegan
- Treasurer: Kaija Beard (year two of a two-year term)
- Upper School Representatives: Karen Triplett (year one of a two-year term) and Elizabeth Aldridge (year two of a two-year term)
- Middle School Representatives: Asha Patel (year one of a two-year term) and Sarwat Husain (year two of a two-year term)
- Lower School Representatives: Jenny Eller (year one of a two-year term) and Elizabeth Albright (year two of a two-year term)
- Preschool Representatives: Susan Easterling and Molly Frommer (both one-year terms)
Once approved, these officers will join 2019-2020 President Ann Leininger on the Parents Council next year.
Many thanks to our entire parent body for your dedicated volunteerism and unprecedented support. Please join us on April 18!