Parents Association & Parents Council
The Durham Academy Parents Association supports the school's academic, social, fine arts and athletic objectives. Parents Association encourages volunteerism, raises and disperses funds, promotes communication and cooperation, and provides input to the school on issues of concern and interest to parents. All Durham Academy parents are members of the Parents Association.
The Durham Academy Parents Council is the governing board of the Parents Association. This group comprises members of an executive committee; division representatives; members of schoolwide committees on matters such as diversity, wellness and athletics; and parents who organize both community-building and fundraising events. See a list of the parents who serve on Parents Council.
Parents Bulletin Board
From classmates' contact information to team schedules and division calendars, the Durham Academy App/online directory has what you need to prepare for and stay organized through the new school year.
Q: How do I download the DA App?
A: You can download the app on your phone from the Apple App Store by searching for "Durham Academy" or via http://bit.ly/DACavaliers. The DA App pulls content directly from the DA website and Veracross and delivers it to iOS-based devices including iPhone, iPad and iPod.
- Click “Get” under the DA app icon.
- The app will walk you through a tutorial of its features once you download it.
Q: What are some of the features of the DA App?
A: The DA App is an easy way to keep up with everything going on at school while you’re on the go. A few of the features include the following:
- Home screen with today’s calendar and the latest DA news
- Athletics calendar with recent, upcoming or daily events available in weekly or monthly view, and listed by team or by season
- All-School Calendar in daily or monthly view options, with a drop-down menu that also allows you to select specific alumni, division and Parents Association calendars, and Middle School/Upper School rotational calendars
- A main menu that links to the following:
- A searchable DA news feed
- Online giving
- A Directory Resources page (which includes a list of Faculty and Staff by Division, Trustees, and Class & Advisory lists)
- A Parents Council directory
- DA's social platforms
- Faculty/staff, parent and student directory that allows you to call or email someone with one touch, or navigate to their address, directly from their listing. To access the directory, be sure to log in with your usual DA username and password (see.
Q: How do I access the directory?
A: You must be signed into the DA App to see the entire directory. On the home page of the app, click on Account on the upper right, and log in with your Veracross username and password.
Q: What are some of the features of the directory?
- Search function
- Call or email a contact with one touch
- Navigate to an address with one touch, directly from the contact listing
- Directories for All Faculty/Staff with listings also grouped by division
- Contact information pulls directly from Veracross and is typically updated within 24 hours
Q: Can anyone who downloads the DA App see the student/parent directory?
A: No. They can only see the public version, which is the faculty/staff directory. You must use a Veracross login and password and sign in to the app to be able to access the private parent, student and Parents Council directories.
Q: What if my tablet or smartphone runs on an Android or Windows-based operating system?
A: No problem! We’ve created a landing page on the DA website that you can bookmark as a shortcut. www.da.org/mobileapp.
Just sign in with your Veracross login and password.
Once you've logged in, you can access the following:
- Student, parent, faculty and staff directories through Veracross
- Faculty and staff lists by division
- Board of Trustees and Parents Council directories
- Class & Advisory Lists
- General contact information
How do you bookmark the web page as a tile on your home screen? Here are instructions for any smartphone or tablet.
Questions about the DA App, the online directory, or how to print a directory? Email the Communications Office at email@example.com.