Parents Association & Parents Council
The Durham Academy Parents Association supports the school's academic, social, fine arts and athletic objectives. Parents Association encourages volunteerism, raises and disperses funds, promotes communication and cooperation, and provides input to the school on issues of concern and interest to parents. All Durham Academy parents are members of the Parents Association.
The Durham Academy Parents Council is the governing board of the Parents Association. This group comprises members of an executive committee; division representatives; members of schoolwide committees on matters such as diversity, wellness and athletics; and parents who organize both community-building and fundraising events. See a list of the parents who serve on Parents Council.
Parents Bulletin Board
Durham Academy is once again offering the opportunity to sell back new and used textbooks and to return rental textbooks to Follett. Book buyback/return will take place on Wednesday, June 6, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the lobby of Kenan Auditorium on the Upper School campus.
Texts that will be bought back are subject to inventory needs for our school and book condition.
If you cannot make the buyback event, please visit www.da.bkstr.com, sign in and click "Sell Books." All rental books are due by Thursday, June 7. You can check in these books in-person at the buyback event on Wednesday, June 6, or ship back to Follett at no charge. (see instructions below). Please note that if books are not received by Follett by June 7, the credit card on file will be charged a non-return fee and processing fee, and you will own the books.
Please contact Kate Cadwallader in the school store with any questions at 919-287-1714 or email@example.com.
In addition, the Parents Council Used Book Sale team will have a table set up on June 6, where textbooks that cannot be sold back, as well as other books, can be donated.
Rental return shipping instructions
- Go to www.da.bkstr.com and click on My Account and log in with your Follett login info.
- Click View Your Order History. Locate and click on the order number for the book(s) that you rented. Click on Check Rental Status.
- Click the CHECK-IN — Your Rented Textbooks box under the Open Rental Items field.
- Review the Quantity Open box, and enter the number of books to be checked in on the Quantity to CHECK-IN box.
- Click the Process Order button.
- Review the address fields and ensure that the correct return address is listed, then click the Continue button.
- Click the Create a Shipping Label and Packing Slip button. Write down your tracking number from the label for future reference. There will be no charge for this return.