DA News FEED
Cavs fare well at George Mason tournament, placing 13th of 150 schools
Posted 12/06/2017 03:00PM
The Durham Academy speech and debate team placed 13th of the 150 schools competing in the George Mason University Patriot Games. Contributing to the team's success were several individual recognitions, which are listed below.
- Lizzie Kerman ’19 was a semifinalist in Congressional Debate.
- Bhamini Vellanki ’18 was fifth place in Congressional Debate.
- Appearing in the top 64 teams in Public Forum out of 168 teams:
- o Luci Jones ’19 and Shan Wang ’20
- o Mac Hays ’20 and Yaakov Huba ’19
- o Adriana Kim and Andrew Owens ’20
- Nathan Dalva-Baird and Sheridan Kum ’19 were among the top 32 teams (out of 168 teams competing) in Public Forum.
- Hebron Daniel and Thomas Owens ‘18 were among the top 8 in Public Forum out of 168 teams.
- Jacob Palmer ’20 was top 8 in Lincoln Douglas out of 112 students.
- Emily Kohn ’19 was in the top 24 of three different events: Humorous Interpretation, Informative Speaking and Storytelling.