Durham Academy seeks dedicated teachers with advanced degrees and classroom experience that put them at the top of their field. DA faculty actively engage in the extracurricular life of the school and create connections with the larger Triangle community. DA is committed to a faculty that reflects the diversity of our student body. Our teachers inspire and encourage our students to strive for growth by challenging themselves through a broad variety of opportunities including academics, arts, athletics, experiential learning, and service.
Founded in 1933, Durham Academy is a coeducational, independent day school with 1,228 students in pre-kindergarten through grade 12. DA is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools.
- Lower School Teaching Assistant (part-time)
- Middle School Science Teacher
- Middle School Spanish Teacher
- Middle School Spanish Teacher (Fall Semester 2019)
- Extended Day Substitute (part-time, as needed)
- Upper School Spanish Teacher
- Athletic Trainer (part-time)
- Athletics Interns (two positions, both part-time)
- Assistant JV Soccer Coach
- Assistant Varsity Soccer Coach
- Admissions Administrative Assistant
- Maintenance Technician/Carpenter
- Accounts Payable Specialist (part-time)
- Technology and Systems Support Specialist
Durham Academy accepts applications to fill vacancies as they become available. Due to the high volume of inquiries we receive, we regret we cannot respond to telephone calls and we are unable to interview every candidate. We will process employment application materials as quickly as possible and make every effort to acknowledge receipt of your application.
It is the policy of Durham Academy to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification.
Faculty & Staff Spotlight