Durham Academy is a partnership of parents, students and faculty, with each group being essential to the life of the school.
DA offers parents many opportunities to be involved both during school hours and in the evening and on weekends. These opportunities include reading in the classroom, helping with class parties, bringing "hot lunch" for an advisory group, volunteering in the library, driving on field trips and to community service projects and more.
Through the Parents Association and Parents Council, parents work together to organize fundraising events like the annual benefit auction and Turkey Trot 5K, as well as community-wide events such as the All School Picnic and DA Night at the Bulls. The Parents Association welcomes new volunteers all school year. For more information, please visit www.da.org/volunteer.
Upcoming Parents Association Events
- WedApr24 CavClassifieds Ad Deadline
- ThuApr25 Used Book Sale and Bake Sale 7:30 AM to 3:30 PMwww.da.org/usedbooksale
Don't Forget to Place Dine for DA Order
- FriApr26 Used Book Sale and Bake Sale 7:30 AM to 3:30 PMwww.da.org/usedbooksale
- SatApr27 Used Book Sale and Bake Sale - Open to Public 9:00 AM to 12:00 PMwww.da.org/usedbooksale
- FriMay03 Don't Forget to Place Dine for DA Order