Welcome to Heads Up, a blogging experiment that aims to:
- connect the people, parts, and principles of Durham Academy;
- share ideas about learning and human development;
- spotlight a few of the many wondrous things I get to see every day at Durham Academy.
Thanks for reading the posts below — and sending news, links and ideas worth sharing.
Michael Ulku-Steiner, Head of School
Durham Academy and Hill Center faculty joined forces today to learn from and with Dr. Rob Evans, who has worked with more than 1,700 schools over his career as teacher, psychologist, consultant, and Executive Director of The Human Relations Service in Wellesley, Massachusetts.
Click here for more information about Rob and his work.
This summer, all Durham Academy teachers read one of Dr. Evans’ books:
- The Human Side of School Change: Reform, Resistance, and the Real-Life Problems of Innovation
- Family Matters: How Schools Can Cope with the Crisis in Childrearing
- Seven Secrets of the Savvy School Leader
Today’s conversations focused on building from our strongly congenial faculty culture toward a culture of more candid and purposeful collegiality. What exactly does……
Choose groups to clone to: