Welcome to Heads Up, a blogging experiment that aims to:
- connect the people, parts, and principles of Durham Academy;
- share ideas about learning and human development;
- spotlight a few of the many wondrous things I get to see every day at Durham Academy.
Thanks for reading the posts below — and sending news, links and ideas worth sharing.
Michael Ulku-Steiner, Head of School
As in schools across the nation, May at Durham Academy is chock full of final exams, culminating performances and closing ceremonies. In the same spirit, I’d like to share year-end updates on the three most significant schoolwide projects that DA tackled this year.
In a September blog post, I previewed each of these initiatives:
- A portrait of our future campuses
- A portrait of our community
- A portrait of the DA Graduate
In the summer edition of the Durham Academy magazine, we’ll share more detailed updates about each of these projects. Here and now: a brief overview of the ways we’ve pursued three key goals of our Strategic Plan and clarified our vision of DA in 2020 and beyond.
Portrait of our Campuses
Choose groups to clone to: