Welcome to Heads Up, a blogging experiment that aims to:
- connect the people, parts, and principles of Durham Academy;
- share ideas about learning and human development;
- spotlight a few of the many wondrous things I get to see every day at Durham Academy.
Thanks for reading the posts below — and sending news, links and ideas worth sharing.
Michael Ulku-Steiner, Head of School
Along with fifteen schools in our INDEX benchmarking group (DA is listed under Large Schools), we measured parent satisfaction using the Net Promoter 2.0 model developed by Bain Consulting. Though no survey instrument is perfect, the Net Promoter model offered a widely-used, succinct and clear questionnaire, allowing us to generate focused input, a high response rate and apples-to-apples comparisons with peer schools. The responses were anonymous, the questions simple:
- In which division(s) do you have children (PS, LS, MS, US)?
- How likely is it that you would recommend Durham Academy to a friend or family member? (choices ranged from 1-not at all likely to 10-extremely likely)
- Why did you give … …
Choose groups to clone to: