The Durham Academy Parents Council invites ALL parent volunteers to join us for a Volunteer Appreciation Coffee and General Membership meeting on Thursday, April 18. The gathering is scheduled for 8:15 a.m. in Brumley Performing Arts Building at the Lower School.
All of those who have volunteered this year in ANY capacity — driving on field trips, planning a party, serving hot lunches, reading in classrooms or working on any Parents Association events — we want to see you there! Come grab a cup of coffee and some breakfast snacks after drop-off, listen to a special musical performance by our Lower Schoolers and vote to approve our 2019-2020 slate of Parents Council officers.
The 2019–2020 slate of new officers includes the following:
- President-Elect: Fiona Lundblad
- Secretary: Selena Keegan
- Treasurer: Kaija Beard (year two of a two-year term)
- Upper School Representatives: Karen Triplett (year one of a two-year term) and Elizabeth Aldridge (year two of a two-year term)
- Middle School Representatives: Asha Patel (year one of a two-year term) and Sarwat Husain (year two of a two-year term)
- Lower School Representatives: Jenny Eller (year one of a two-year term) and Elizabeth Albright (year two of a two-year term)
- Preschool Representatives: Susan Easterling and Molly Frommer (both one-year terms)
Once approved, these officers will join 2019-2020 President Ann Leininger on the Parents Council next year.
Many thanks to our entire parent body for your dedicated volunteerism and unprecedented support. Please join us on April 18!