In the event of a closing or schedule change due to inclement weather or a school emergency, Durham Academy will communicate this information to families in a number of ways.
- A pop-up announcement will be posted to the homepage of the Durham Academy website (www.da.org).
- An email and text message will be sent via DA’s Blackboard Connect alert system to all parents based on information listed in the Veracross database. Please check your Veracross profile to make certain your information is listed correctly.
- Information will be posted on DA’s Facebook page and Twitter feed.
- You may call the DA Hotline at 919-489-2534 and choose the appropriate extension for a voice message with division-specific information.
- School closings or delays also will be shared with the following TV stations: WTVD (ABC 11), WRAL (NBC 5/FOX 50), WNCN (CBS 17) and News 14 Carolina (Time Warner Cable).
When the weather forecast looks uncertain for the next day, please expect communication by 11 p.m. — and if a decision cannot be reached at that point, expect communication by 5:30 a.m. the following day.
Our school draws from a large area. If a child lives a long way from school, we urge parents to use their own best judgment concerning whether to send a child to school or pick her or him up before the normal dismissal time.