Applying for Financial Aid
Durham Academy has more than $2 million of need-based financial aid available. The school determines a family's ability to pay tuition with the help of an independent third party, Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS). The results of the TADS formula are considered by DA's Financial Aid Committee, which then determines whether aid is to be granted and how much aid to grant.
Financial aid need is calculated by TADS without regard to race, gender, ability, ethnicity or religion. All inquiries and applications for financial aid are held in the strictest confidence. If you have any questions about DA's financial aid program, please contact the Office of Enrollment Management via email or at 919-493-5787.
How Do I Apply for Financial Aid?
Eligibility requires submitting a financial need assessment to Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS), which takes into account a family's income, savings, assets and liabilities, as well as any special circumstances.
Please follow the steps below to apply (refer to application deadlines on this page):
- Complete financial aid application form at www.mytads.com; click "Financial Aid Assessment."
Apply for Financial Aid
- Use a credit card to pay $45 processing fee.
- Submit supplemental items to TADS to complete the financial aid application:
- Most recent W2 forms for all jobs
- Most recent paycheck stubs for all jobs
- Most recent federal tax form
- Any corporate, partnership and tax forms (only applicable if any member of the household owns 20 percent or more in a corporation, partnership or trust)
- Documentation for all other sources of income (Social Security, welfare, SNAP nutrition benefits, unemployment, child support, workers' compensation, etc.)
Financial Aid Application Deadline:
Friday, Dec. 11, 2020
Admission & Financial Aid Notification Dates:
- Pre-K and Kindergarten: Friday, Feb. 12, 2021
- Grades 1 through 12: Friday, March 5, 2021