By Bria Irizarry
Durham Academy administrators, athletics directors and consulting medical professionals have decided to delay the start of the 2020–2021 basketball season by postponing this week’s competitions vs. Wesleyan Christian and Grace Christian Academy.
While this decision requires additional patience and flexibility from our student-athletes and families, it gives our basketball teams the best chance to have complete seasons and reduces the chances of interrupting our on-campus learning for the entire student body. Our No. 1 goal is to allow our student-athletes the opportunity to compete and represent their school on the court while also balancing our commitment to the health and safety needs of our entire school.
We are looking forward to the kickoff of both basketball and swim season the week after Thanksgiving. The swim team will take on Cary Academy at the Triangle Aquatics Center in Cary on Wednesday, Dec. 2, while both varsity boys and girls basketball will travel to St. David’s School in Raleigh for games on Friday, Dec. 4, and will host Providence Day School at home the following afternoon.
Keeping up with the Cavs
As always, you can keep up with the Cavs on Durham Academy’s website and the Durham Academy App (available on the Apple App Store).
- For a list of all teams, their schedules and directions to games, visit www.da.org/teams.
- Click on an individual team to subscribe to automatic alerts about athletics results, postponements and cancellations, calendar and athletic event reminders. You can also import team schedules into your electronic calendars.
- All information about the daily athletics schedule is also available on DA’s Athletics Hotline: 919-489-2534 (ext. 5).
The DA App: Schedules and Results
- The DA App allows you to keep up with athletics wherever you are. You can download the app from iTunes at http://bit.ly/DACavaliers. The DA App pulls athletics content directly from the DA website and delivers it to iOS-based devices including iPhone and iPad.
- The Athletics portion of the DA App (after launching, click Menu, then click Athletics to open) features results of recent games, a list of upcoming contests and team records.