By Bria Irizarry
This week we recognize our Durham Academy boys tennis team for a 7–2 road win over Charlotte Latin on March 25! The Cavs rallied to take two out of three doubles matches and five out of six singles matches to topple the 4A opponent. In singles, ninth-grader Jet Bilsborrow defeated his opponent 6–2, 6–2, and his teammate, junior Nikolas Larson, quickly followed with 6–3 and 6–4 victories. Next up was junior Owen Brent-Levenstein, who came out on top 6–0, 6–3, while junior Peter Crowley took his opponents in straight sets, 6–0, 6–0. Junior Paul Wang was next to tally a win for the Cavs, earning back-to-back 6–2 victories.
In doubles play, Brent-Levenstein and Bilsborrow combined for the first victory, 8–5, while senior Gavin Levinson and ninth-grader Joel Tapper overcame their Hawk opponents, 8–6. The win over Charlotte Latin was the first of three consecutive wins for Durham Academy boys tennis over the last week. On Saturday, the Cavs defeated Providence Day 5–4 and earlier this week, the team blanked North Raleigh Christian Academy 9–0 to move to 7–2 on the season.
Next up, Durham Academy boys tennis will host Rocky Mount Academy on Monday at 4:15 p.m.
Important Future DA Athletics Events:
- Thursday, April 28: Spring Signing Day for College-Bound Student-Athletes
- Friday, April 29: Durham Academy Athletics Spring Fling
Keeping Up with the Cavs
As always, you can keep up with the Cavs on Durham Academy’s website and the Durham Academy App (available on the Apple App Store).
- For a list of all teams, their schedules and directions to games, visit www.da.org/teams.
- Click on an individual team to subscribe to automatic alerts about athletics results, postponements and cancellations, calendar and athletic event reminders.
- All information about the daily athletics schedule is also available on DA’s Athletics Hotline: 919-489-2534 (ext. 5).
The DA App: Schedules and Results
- The DA App allows you to keep up with athletics wherever you are. You can download the app from iTunes at http://bit.ly/DACavaliers. The DA App pulls athletics content directly from the DA website and delivers it to iOS-based devices including iPhone and iPad.
- The Athletics portion of the DA App (after launching, click Menu, then click Athletics to open) features results of recent games, a list of upcoming contests and team records.