At Durham Academy, teachers change lives. They are genuine, curious, passionate, striving, generous and accountable teachers/learners. They nurture, inspire, engage and challenge students and model the path to moral, happy, productive lives. Does this sound like you? We can't wait to get to know you!
- Director of Development
- Extended Day Substitute (part-time, as needed)
- Athletic Trainer (part-time)
- Assistant Varsity Boys Soccer Coach
- Assistant JV Boys Soccer Coach
- Maintenance Technician/Carpenter
- Competitive salary
- Tuition discount & discounted Extended Day program for children of employees
- Health/vision/dental insurance
- Flex medical spending program
- Retirement/long-term disability benefits
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Summer grant and sabbatical program
- Purchase program for computer desktops/laptops
Durham Academy accepts applications to fill vacancies as they become available. Due to the high volume of inquiries we receive, we regret we cannot respond to telephone calls and we are unable to interview every candidate. We will process employment application materials as quickly as possible and make every effort to acknowledge receipt of your application.
It is the policy of Durham Academy to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for a specific job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, veteran status, or the presence of a disability, except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification.
DA Faculty & Staff By the Numbers
Founded in 1933, Durham Academy is a coeducational, independent day school with 1,228 students in pre-kindergarten through grade 12. DA is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools.
overall student/faculty ratio
faculty of color
of full-time faculty have advanced degrees
years of teaching experience on average
average years of tenure at DA