|Our mission as Durham Academy Counselors is to support students and their families within the school community academically, socially, and emotionally. |
The counseling support we offer takes many forms:
Our counselors specialize in dealing with different types of student social and development issues specific to each age group.
- Lending an understanding ear to students
- Enhancing communication between the student, family, and school
- Referring students and/or parents to other respected community health care professionals.
- Educating students, parents, and teachers about matters of concern to child and adolescent development.
- Durham Academy’s counselors are professionally trained, committed individuals who serve as advocates for all our students’ academic and personal success.
Each of our counselors can be a valuable communication link and facilitator among students, teachers, and parents. We welcome any opportunity to serve the Durham Academy community.
Videos, Presentations & Documents
US Teacher, Interim US Counselor
Year Appointed: 2013
Mississippi State University - B.S.
Colorado State University - M.S.
Colorado State University - Ph.D.
Counselor, Lower School
Year Appointed: 1993
East Carolina University - B.S.
University of North Carolina at Greensboro - M.Ed.
Upper School Counselor
Year Appointed: 2003
Wake Forest University - B.A.
Pepperdine University - M.A.
Learning Specialist, PK - 12th Grade
Year Appointed: 2007
North Carolina Central University - B.A.
North Carolina Central University - M.A.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - Ph.D.
Counselor, Middle School
Year Appointed: 1987
Southampton College - B.S.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - M.Ed.
North Carolina State University - M.Ed.