Durham Academy is a partnership of parents, students and faculty, with each group being essential to the life of the school.
DA offers parents many opportunities to be involved both during school hours and in the evening and on weekends. These opportunities include reading in the classroom, helping with class parties, bringing "hot lunch" for an advisory group, volunteering in the library, driving on field trips and to community service projects and more.
Through the Parents Association and Parents Council, parents work together to organize fundraising events like the annual benefit auction and Turkey Trot 5K, as well as community-wide events such as the All School Picnic and DA Night at the Bulls. The Parents Association welcomes new volunteers all school year. For more information, please visit www.da.org/volunteer.
Upcoming Parents Association Events
- FriNov24 Deadline for December CavClassifieds Submissions
- TueNov28 Orders Due Today: Whole Foods Gift Cards for the Holidays www.da.org/affinity
- FriDec01 Preschool Mini Used Book Sale www.da.org/UsedBookSale
- WedDec06 Due today: Whole Foods Gift Card Orders for the Holidays www.da.org/affinity
- WedDec06 Used Book Sale Sort 8:00 AM to 10:00 AMMiddle School Tunnelwww.da.org/UsedBookSale
- WedDec13 Deadline for January CavClassifieds Submissions